Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Barn





For those of you who know me, you know that you can always find me at the barn. It's my great escape! Above is a picture of me standing in the middle of what should be the front entrance to the barn. As you can see they have already excavated the site, but have not yet poured the footers. The footers have since been poured and the base block laid. Now we're just waiting on the framing to begin! When we purchased the property it had an existing barn already in place and it was built right were Wray and I wanted to place the house. We hired a framer to deconstruct the barn, and after framing the house they will reassemble it. We were fortunate to have enough lumber inside the barn to make it even larger than the previous. It will end up being a 30'x64' foot barn made of rough cut white oak.








1 comment:

  1. blog looks great and so does the house! wish we were there or you were here:-) the lee fam

    ReplyDelete